Thursday, February 3, 2011

My name is Julio... and I am a Shopaholic.

Well (J)ello! Welcome to the second post of my now consistent blog lol. To start off, I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone who read my blog and responded, it meant a lot to me to hear from you! So thank you :) Your opinions are very much appreciated (especially since the blog post was literally a book in length lol).

This day has been an interesting one for me. Part of me wants to say it was a good day and the other part of me wants to say that it was a horrible one. The good part of my day was actually work, which is not normal for me at all. usually work makes me feel like I would rather pull my teeth out then sit there for another 5 minutes. But today it was fun. We were allowed to wear jeans ( even though I can wear jeans whenever I want to, but the whole office usually can't) and since the Superbowl is this Sunday we had a mini tailgate party in our kitchen... and by kitchen I mean the lab/my desk lol. yes, if you are wondering we ate our food next to pipette tips and boxes of supplies lol. The food was so yummy it was hard o not stuff my face. And it didn't help at all that all the food was set up right behind my desk, taunting me all day. I didn't even have to get up to get another cupcake or chips and dip. I was literally the epitome of obesity and gluttony today lol and I am ok with that, it was definitely a pick me up that I won't complain about. AND I brought Olive with me to work to join the fun lol. So the combination of good food and my puppy being at work with me made for a really good work day.

On top of the fun day at work today, last night I worked at Banana Republic for the first time in weeks and I really enjoyed being there! Usually I would not be so excited about working at Banana, but I am pretty sure it was much more enjoyable because it had been so long since I had actually worked in the store and that maybe 4 customers walked in the entire night it was there. And since it was so slow, Banana Republic takes the opportunity of zero customers to allow you to have what they call a "fit session." Basically what is comes down to is me getting paid to try on clothes and shop lol. So that's what I did. I tried on all of the new clothes that we just got in and picked out some really cute things that I am in love with! The plan was to not get anything and just try some things on, but that plan almost 100% never works for me. SO....

Here is a few items that i bought last night/have on my Valentine's Day list of gifts lol









cute right? and believe me, the pants and the shirt are so much cuter in person. The picture does not do them justice at all. So I bought the shirt and the pants last night, and I already own the brown boots. I got them for Christmas but I put them in there cus I think they would be cute with the shirt and pants as an outfit! Which I will probably wear tomorrow lol. I know what you are thinking, those boots are crazy - but they are amazing in person. I almost know for sure that I am getting the peacoat for Valentine's day :) lol and the shoes I just added to my wishlist because I saw them last night and they are sooo cute on. If you have not noticed this about me before, I am a shoe addict. I love buying shoes. You can never have enough shoes. Well, enough clothing in general lol but shoes are always a good purchase for me.

Speaking of shoes, I wanted to get someone's opinion about Uggs.. for men. lol K so here me out, I KNOW that uggs are ugly. Believe me, I'm definitely on that boat. they are so comfortable! and honestly they are pretty cute when they have some skinny jeans tucked into them. Anyways, I decided to buy some a few days ago on a whim because the sales guy at Nordstrom was so nice and patient with me and my boyfriend that I felt bad not to get something. We were looking at like 8 pairs of shoes and I narrowed it down to the uggs and a pair of really awesome snow boots that were made out of stingray skin! so cool, but they were $800 so clearly the obvious choice was to get the Uggs lol. And really, I didn't buy them. Trey did. Lol It is part of my Valentine's Day gifts lol so anyways they arrived yesterday because they didn't have the color I wanted (grey) and I am so exicted to wear them! But I feel like i already attract enough attention to myself, and wearing uggs will just increase that attention so I am a little hesitant to wear them. Idk, what do you guys think? Should I keep them?

I would get their actual snow boot but I got a Ralph Lauren pair that are honestly a lot cuter lol so I can't justify me purchasing another pair of $220 snow boots. Can I just show you some of the stuff Trey and I got for Christmas/our birthdays? I feel like I am going to make references to them a lot, so it will help if you can picture them. K... brace yourselves. I'm not trying to show off or anything, but it's a little ridiculous. if you have met me and think that I am bad, you don't even know what a shopaholic really is until you have met my boyfriend lol. 3 new livers later and he would still be drinking 8 bottles of wine a day... now replace alcohol with clothing and you get Trey haha.






Ok. So these are the most of the big things we got each other over the past couple months. See how cute those boots are! They were only $180 and they are more manly I think. Plus, they can be laced all the way up or folded down to expose the fur that lines the inside. I seriously love them, one of my favorite gifts.
Then the black Coach bag was one of Trey's big gifts with a matching wallet and mine is the brown bag with a matching case that holds my car keys. I use it everyday for school and it is so cute, i just wish it was bigger -- it barely holds a book and my laptop lol. And the TB wallet was not a big gift, but I am seriously obsessed it with it. I have used this wallet everyday since I took it out of the box. Its so soft and so so so cute I just can't not use it lol. I put more of the gifts I got then Trey only because I don't want to seem obnoxious lol and I am getting tired of loading so many images lol but we both got a pair of jeans from Nordstrom, and I got him a really nice Burberry shirt that I am extremely jealous of, and the same pair of boots that I got from Banana but in a grey suede.. and a few other small things. lol. Keep in mind that these were all over the time span of November to now lol it just so happens that both of our Birthdays are close to Christmas.

Well anyways, now that I seem like a snobby spendaholic (which is not my intention lol, i just thought you might want to see some of the things I got because they come up a lot) let me know what you think about the Ugg situation! Maybe I should just put the money towards something else, or just oh Idk. Save it. lol K I am done. I promise.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment